Saturday, April 23, 2011

Gramma's Southern Deviled Eggs

Gramma's Southern Deviled Eggs (Directions below)
Every year for Easter my 87 year old Gramma makes me her deviled eggs. I am sooo disappointed not to be home this year and gobble them up! Easter couldn't come and go without those deviled eggs though. So I had to whip some up here in Savannah. My Gramma doesn't really have a 'recipe' per say, so just add these simple ingredients to taste and enjoy!

Gramma's Southern Deviled Eggs

Boil eggs. Let eggs cool. Remove eggshells. Cut eggs in half length-wise. Remove yolks and place in bowl. Mash yolks with fork. Then add the following to taste:

Mayonnaise
A little bit of yellow mustard
Sweet Pickle Relish
A little bit of onion, grated with the smallest part of the grater
A little bit of fresh squeezed lemon juice (if you don't have fresh lemon juice, use some of the juice from the pickles)
A little bit of salt

I placed my yolk mix into a piping bag and used a large tip to pipe the yolk back into the eggs. Refrigerate for a day. Remove and let eggs come to room temperature before serving.

*******Click HERE to print Gramma's Souther Deviled Eggs Instructions*******

No comments:

Post a Comment